Timeline for 2017-2018 Elections
|January - February 2017
||AENC accepts candidate nominations
||Nominating Committee meets to determine slate of candidates
||Board of Directors approves slate
|Mid May 2017
||Candidates are notified
||Members are notified of the slate for the upcoming elections at least 30 days before the Annual Members Business Meeting
|July 2017 Annual Meeting
||During the Annual Members Business Meeting, members vote to approve slate of candidates
|September 1, 2017
||2017-2018 board members take office
Information for Future Years
Qualifications for Board Service
Any Association Management member in good standing shall be eligible for nomination and election to any elective office of AENC. Nominees for vacant board positions are determined by the Nominating Committee according to criteria established by the AENC Nominating Committee and approved by the Board of Directors.
Desired Characteristics of Board Members
- History of volunteering in some capacity, preferably with AENC
- Holds/has held leadership role in AENC or a similar organization
- Competent communicator
- Able to capably manage electronic files and communication
- Flexible, collaborative, forward-thinking
- Responsive, reliable
- Ambassador to the organization; willing to promote and support AENC to members and the public
- Has no serious conflict of interest with AENC
- Available to serve given time commitment requirements (see below)
- (Association member positions) Knowledge of current practice trends in association management
- (Association member positions) Engaged in profession
- (Affiliate member positions) Engaged with the AENC community; demonstrates awareness of the range of needs of affiliate members
Available 2017-2018 Positions
- Secretary Treasurer
- Directors (AENC association management members are eligible to apply)
- Affiliate Directors (AENC affiliate members are eligible to apply)
* At the discretion of the Nominating Committee
A term of office shall begin on September 1 of the year in question and shall terminate on August 31 in the year corresponding to the length of term of the appointment.
- Officers of the board serve one-year terms (President, President-elect, Secretary/Treasurer, Past President)
- Directors serve three year terms.
- Affiliate directors serve two year terms
- Currently four two-hour board meetings annually plus time to read and respond to board communications and board meeting materials.
- Board members may be asked to serve as board liaisons to AENC committees. Board liaisons are expected to attend and participate in committee meetings/conference calls including making time to read committee communications and meeting materials.
- Board members are expected to attend AENC events wherever possible.
- 1-3 paragraphs outlining
- your reasons for applying for board service
- how your professional background and experience will help advance the board’s strategic goals
- how you feel you exemplify the desired characteristics of board members
- names and contact information of two professional references who are prepared to speak to the Nominations Committee if necessary, regarding your personal and professional qualifications for board service. (AENC board members, staff and members of the AENC Nominations Committee are ineligible to serve as professional references.)
- a current head shot for communication with members
Submit your nomination via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 919-848-8525 or mail it to AENC, 7511 Mourning Dove Road, Suite 102, Raleigh, NC 27615.
Position requirements are outlined in the bylaws.
The secretary and treasurer positions are now combined into one role.
The Charlotte chapter is no longer in existence.
AENC Strategic Plan
Board Pledge (to be completed and signed if elected)
Please call AENC's Executive Director - 919-848-8255 or email email@example.com.